Monday, March 23, 2015

Elegant Ranch Decor

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new blog about How to decorate using a rustic style at an affordable price. 

I am a fifth grade teacher, so I know what it is like to decorate on a budget. Most of us do not have the time or the dollar to decorate our homes. So, how do we make them look nice and appealing? Over the last year, I have found and learned some amazing things while decorating my house.

I am just a simple, southern girl that wanted her house to look nice. I hope these ideas can help you budget and feel cozy in your home!

My first hack for you to view is the mason jar flower decor. It's time to brighten up your home for spring!


The easiest way to make this on a budget is to either visit Hobby Lobby or At Home (Garden Ridge). I looked on Pinterest and found a bouquet that I loved. Hobby Lobby typically has sales every week. They can include glass jars and flowers. Otherwise you can print their 40 percent off coupons to save a few bucks!

After finding the bouquet you like, see if the link provides the type of flowers. The ones included in my picture are sunflowers, baby breath, and royal blue carnations. You can include any type you like! 

Place the taller flowers in the middle. I used 3 sunflowers. Then I used the blue flowers to the right and left of the sunflowers. Be sure to bend these down slightly. You want the jar to look full and poofy. If you leave them as is, the flowers will bunch together too much and stick straight up. 

Then the baby's breath was added to the front and back of the bouquet. You have to play with the baby's breath and bend it a bit to make it look more natural. 

I have attached a wire hook around my mason jar so that I may hang it. Hobby Lobby sells these as well!

That's your design hack for the day! Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment